Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Locks of Love

I am no stranger to cancer and the effects it has had on my family or Charlie's side of the family. My older brother, Rafa, lost his battle to Leukemia when he was only 16 years old. And more recently, Charlie's Grandmother to Lung Cancer. So when both my young daughter's told me that they wanted to donate their long, curly, and beautiful hair to Locks of Love, I was not only proud, but captivated by their generous and selfless decision. I can't believe that at such a young age they understand how important it is to an individual to have their hair and the meaning of giving without expecting anything in return. Charlie and I are so proud of them! Here are some before and after pictures.

Before






After

Notice how happy they are for giving their hair to someone in need.

No comments: