Friday, April 29, 2011

Honduras...un pais de cinco estrellas!

Honduras IS in fact a "five star country"!

My dream (and that of my deceased brother and sister) had ALWAYS been to go to Honduras. Never did I -in my wildest dreams- think this wish would ever come true.

During my three week stay in Honduras while visiting my father, I wanted to go sight seeing around this beautiful country that had me breathless no matter what turn I took up and down its slopes and hills at every corner I turned. Although my visit had a different purpose, I was not sure if I would have the opportunity to come close to "getting to know" my country as well as my roots. Remarkably enough, my new found relatives, my maternal cousins, and my Tia Pili were extremely hospitable and gracious to take me all over Honduras when possible. Looking back (at my 500+ pictures!), I realize just how fortunate and blessed I was to have actually gotten that once in a lifetime opportunity in such a short period of time. After all, I don't know (exactly) when I will be able to make such a trip again. Of course and without a doubt, I hope I do, someday-in the very near future. In the meantime, here are (A FEW) some breath-taking photos I took of Honduras' wonderful splendor and amazing topography.


 Aguilar Prado Family
Prado's

 With my cousin, Luis Guillermo and his family

 With my loving Tia Pili

With my sisters and their children



 Arriving at the Toncontin Airport

A view of the night sky at the Plaza de Espana

 Off to Choluteca

 How the Hondurans sell their vegetables

 Me at the delicious restaurant Los Manglares

Don't you agree now why my country coined this expression?

1 comment:

Josie said...

Beautiful pictures Carmen! Can't wait to go.